Financial Aid


Attendance holds and financial aid

Q: Why do I have an attendance hold and how do I resolve it?

A: You may have an attendance hold if your professor did not verify your attendance in their class. If you've been attending your classes, discuss your attendance with each of your professors so they can update your attendance with the Office of the Registrar. After confirmed attendance in all of your classes, your financial aid funds can be released. Without confirmed attendance, your aid will not be paid.

Want more tips? See our FAQs!

Be one of the 70% of students who graduate from FSW debt free.

Apply for financial aid every year!

The Office of Student Financial Aid at FSW helps students secure financial aid to make affording college easier through completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

A FAFSA needs to be completed every year to determine eligibility for grants, loans, work study opportunities, and/or FSW scholarships.

Important Deadlines

Fall Full & Mini-A

Quick Financial Aid Facts

Find this and more on our Financial Aid FAQ page.

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

You have to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and use FSW school code 001477 to find out if you are eligible for any type of Federal Aid for your classes at FSW. A FAFSA is also required to be considered for any FSW scholarships you may apply for. Remember, both the FAFSA and the FSW scholarship application must be completed every year.

Which FAFSA do I need?

A FAFSA is required to be submitted each academic year; the 2021-2022 FAFSA will be used for the upcoming Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 semesters.

My financial situation has changed since filing the FAFSA. What are my options?

If you have experienced the loss of a job, a large reduction in income, or extraordinary medical expenses, please request our "Family Contribution Appeal" found at: to have your financial aid status reviewed on a case by case basis. Note: the FAFSA itself cannot be updated to reflect your current financial situation. The Family Contribution Appeal can be used for unique circumstances. Contact your Financial Aid Specialist if you have any questions.

Where is the Scholarship Application for 2021-2022?

The scholarship application can be completed at You must be accepted to the college to complete the scholarship application. Not an FSW student yet? Visit to get started!

Where will I receive information about my financial aid at FSW?

Information will be sent to your Bucs (student) email from and will be available in your FSW Student Portal. Make sure to add to your safe senders list and forward your student emails to your personal email account if you will not be regularly checking your Bucs (student) email. Information can also be viewed by visiting:!/dashboard/home/2021

Transient Students and Bright Futures

Transient students at FSW who received their Bright Futures funding from another institution during the 2021-2022 academic year may receive Fall 2021 funding through their home institution. Florida Bright Futures Scholars must submit a Transient Student Admission Application, which is located online at Florida Shines. Transient students must pay out of pocket or enroll in the Tuition Installment Plan for Fall 2021 at FSW. If the Transient Student Admission Application is approved, you could be reimbursed by your home institution after the add/drop period closes. The Bright Futures Academic Scholarship covers 100% of in-state tuition and state approved fees. There are some specific course-related fees that are not included in this scholarship. For the 2021-2022 academic year, the stipend of $300.00 per term is not available. Any charges that exceed this amount must be paid prior to the drop date. All classes will drop if a balance is owed.

High School & GED Transcript Information

Part of the financial aid process is to provide the FSW Office of Admissions with a final, official high school transcript; however, some students are provisionally provided a financial aid award notification based on an unofficial high school transcript. Financial aid will NOT disburse funds without an official, final high school or GED transcript on file with the Office of Admissions. If you are in high school and graduating this year, you will need to provide your final, official transcript to the Office of Admissions once your graduation date is posted in order to satisfy this requirement. If you have already submitted your official, final transcript to the Office of Admissions, Financial Aid does not require an additional transcript (see below for instructions to check if we have received your final, official high school transcript). Additional copies of in-progress or unofficial transcripts will not satisfy this requirement.

To determine if we have received your final, official high school or GED transcript, review your financial aid checklist. If "High School Completion" is marked as satisfied, we have received your official high school transcripts. (Once received, transcripts may take 5-7 business days to process and there may be a slight delay before completion appears in your financial aid checklist.) If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at

Course Program of Study

Financial Aid will only pay for courses required for your current degree program. Academic Advisors are able to assist you in selecting courses that are required for your degree. Make sure to review your course selections prior to the add/drop deadline each semester.

Helpful Resources:

View the links on the left to navigate more topics for Financial Aid (click the left-hand menu button "" to expand on mobile). 

Need Help?

Live Chat

Click the "Live Chat" link in the aqua bar at the bottom of this page.

Email us using your student ( account for quicker responses.

Explore Videos About Financial Aid with Financial Aid TV